RSS

Knickie D-I AM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC

David L'Creme Jr Filed Under:
You told me big girls don’t cry
So I suck tears from fakes smiles and cruel designation

I am
Not
An
Alcoholic

I am
Fuzzy teeth waxing the stains of his digits embedded in the weary of what I could never call home
And a man I knew in the facade of a boy floating in Peter Pan complex
You know he never had a…

Daddy,
You think I drink too much
I only sip poison on the good days,
I chug arsine on the punctuation marks of hellos with no response
This liquor is gridlocked clarity of rage

I made him wear your cologne
so when he walked away he could smell the traces of your footsteps massaging the wind

I am
Zoloft
Prozac
Oxicontine
Smeared make up
Eyes lined in Patron

I am not a phucking ALCOHOLIC

I am
Your reflection reflecting on cracked mirrors of how much your glass house looks like mine
stone fisted words you threw in quieted discourse of your absence

He dawned your complexion in the darkness of the multiple lost numbers in my phone
I never drunk-dial
call the devil in the sobriety of needing to be held like your bottle of
“Good Times” spewed on bathroom stalls
Where you prayed to porcelain gods to save you wayward guidance
I called him because I wanted my…

Daddy,
I am not an alcoholic
I just sip poison on the good days
Guzzle away at gridlock anger for clarity
Because I never had a

Daddy,
It’s me; I just wanted to tell you that
I’m not an alcoholic, I just miss you
.....


-Knickie D

edit post

0 Responses to "Knickie D-I AM NOT AN ALCOHOLIC"